(FOR MARKETPLACE USERS)
Here are some guidelines as to help you establish a good relationship and trust with your mentor.
1. Tell me about yourself and your professional journey.
2. What are your areas of expertise and which subjects would you like to avoid discussing during our sessions?
3. As my mentor, what expectations do you have of me, of our sessions together?
4. How often would you be available to mentor?
5. Based on what I've told you about my work, do you see any weaknesses or potential problems?
6. Do you have feedback on my work?
7. What important lessons have you learned along your professional path that can help me potentially avoid the same mistakes and obstacles?
8. What are the realities of my market, positive and negative, that I should be aware of?
9. Do you have insecurities? If so, how do you keep them at bay?
10. When I'm negotiating with a supplier or potential client, what should I keep in mind?
11. When you're in a conflict with someone, what do you find is the best way to resolve the situation to mitigate discomfort and potential setbacks?
12. Which resources do you recommend I look into?
13. Do you have feedback regarding our session together?
14. Can I send you files or notes along the way to prepare our next sessions together?
15. What is your next availability?